A lengthy post but well worth the time
I posted a poll last Friday to get some feedback on whether or not social media sells. I want to thank all of you who took the time to answer the poll and supply comments. You’ve really helped my little study.
The Results are In
After gathering, calculating, weighing, studying, and cross-examining the data and other scientific mumbo jumbo, I’ve found the following to be possible truths.
- Social media has and can be used to make direct sales
- People do purchase books directly from social media
- Based on the poll, most books were purchased because of a blog post (whether an author’s own blog, guest blog, re-blog, or author interview)
- Most sales made via Twitter were made from re-tweets or tweets made by those other than the author
- Goodreads and Facebook ranked lowest on the poll
- Readers are more likely to purchase a book if they know the author
- Readers are more likely to purchase a…
View original post 1,905 more words